Cognitive Care Kits help support the skills and abilities of people living with early-, mid-, and late-stage dementia. The collection of twelve unique kits are geared to each level of dementia, and contain an assortment of 10 to 12 prepared activities, games, and workbooks that encourage social engagement and success with daily activities.
The kits are geared to those who have (or care for someone with) cognitive impairment from a disease such as Alzheimer’s, dementia, Parkinson’s, or Huntington’s. They are based on kits provided to Acclaim Health clients.
First-time borrowers must attend an Introduction to Cognitive Care Kits session, where each item is explained and demonstrated. After the initial training, customers may borrow subsequent kits without additional training.
- Kits are free to borrow with a valid Burlington Public Library card
- Kits may be booked through Visiting Library Services or checked out in person.
- Call VLS to book a kit: 905.639.3611 ext 1304.
- Loan period: 3 weeks
- Kits are not renewable, but may be exchanged for other kits.
- Returned late: overdue fine is $1/day